I couldn’t put a halter or bridle on Tobias for a while after he’d bashed his face a couple years ago, so we played with his soccer ball in his paddock.
- I recently found FoxCreek Mobile Equine Outfitters. Jim Calareso provides above and beyond customer service. https://www.foxcreektack.com/
- When I’m not making my own, I’ve bought beautiful, reasonably-priced rope halters from Natural Horse Supply for years: http://www.NaturalHorseSupply.com Another resource I just discovered is Horse Friendly: Natural Horsemanship Equipment and Rope Tack http://horsefriendly.com
- Everyone gets confused on this so here’s a reminder on how to put a rope halter on your horse: juliegoodnight.com/pdf/halterinstructions.pdf
- I never hard tie my horse. He has pulled back and injured himself too many times. Now, I always use a Blocker Tie Ring.
- My horse has back issues and then injured his spine on the way to getting colic surgery in June 2013. I don’t ride without my custom-made Dryback Skito Saddle Pad: http://www.carouseltights.com/
- Gotta love toys! Honestly, I’m not sure if what we have is Equi-Spirit or a HorsePlay soccer ball
- A friend of mine, Nancy Olson, has a virtual tack shop I just love! She finds things for me, and sells things for me. Rock Horse Ranch Tack Shop http://rockhorseranch.webs.com/
- Even English saddles can carry a great saddle bag. SnugPax custom makes theirs to fit yours. I had one made for my husband’s Aussie, too. (Yep, they make them for Western saddles as well!)